I think as we all pursue careers in health and wellness the Universal Loving Kindness mediation is something we should practice daily as habit. The Integral Assessment may be difficult when doing it for the first time. I am not an advocate of this particular method of assessment because when going through this kind of assessment if you are not a grounded person you can become discouraged at the process. I think we can all use improvement in all areas of our lives for me before I set out to do this kind of assessment my mind already knows where I need help. One of the major things that keep showing up in my life is the need to exercise more the fitness quadrant. The thought is that it has entered my spirit shifted to my mind and now waiting for my body to respond. At 43 I have no health concerns except finding time to incorporate a regular fitness regimen. I am parking the car further and walking I’ve tried joining the gym and it’s a total waste of money I never go.
You make a good point on the method of assessment. From a health care provider perspective it would be important to recognize whether or not your client or patient would benefit from completing the assessment on their own or guided. Naturally, you would want to complete the assessment in a way that is going to benefit the individual.
ReplyDeleteIt's good that you already know what area of your life needs help - fitness. Do you think that this mindset prevented you from looking deeper into the other aspects of your life while doing the assessment? The reason I ask is your last statement about joining a gym being a waste of money because you dont' go - makes me wonder if working on a different area, such as the interpersonal or psychospiritual aspect, may help to encourage motivation to get to the gym. Food for thought! :)
I agree this is not my favorite method but it is beautiful in its own right. I also agree that as we grow as healers what we promote should become stronger in our daily lives.
ReplyDeleteIt is very important to practice what you preach in our line of work. So many who seek this kind of healing are so delicate and already in a state of forlorn longing. They need to find their own way to healing but we have to be strong in our examples and guide them to an appropriate way.
Great post!! Very insightful.