Monday, October 11, 2010

Wellness Magnified

The “Meeting Asciepius” exercise was very interesting I think the most difficult part is deciding who has the attributes that you would like emulated. The thought of taking on the various parts of someone great when you don’t really have that level of consciousness. Mindfulness and meditation gives me such a real sense of well being mind, body and spirit. I think the more that I apply these practices it give me a real sense of self mastery.
I am a firm believer that the most effective leader is one who leads by example.  We all have a responsibility to practice what we preach and teach. I pray and meditate regularly so that my psychological state and spiritual state is broadened.

3 comments:

  1. You asked me a really great question on my blog, so I thought I would give you a response here. :-) Like you, I struggled with imagining someone truly great enough that I would want to fully emulate. I was kind of praying about it through the exercise, asking God who I could focus on...and it was Jesus! It made sense to me that he was the ultimate example. That's the long and short of how it came about. If you do decide to use Jesus Christ for this exercise, I would love to hear about your experience.

    Grace and Peace,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one person that I try to emulate on a daily basis is teachings of Jesus Christ. Prayer and meditation are the great tools to help a person through difficult times and fully appreciate each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I encountered the same problem, I can appreciate this exercise but I really feel that before I assigned it to a client I would ask them to be really mediatating, thinking, praying before hand about an exceptional representation of what they wanted to be. For me it was not an easy task to come up with one off the top of my head because it really is something you have to think about. Snap decisions in reguards to these things are not beneficial. Other than this the exercise itself was very positive for the individual. It can surprise you just how much you may already emulate those you admire and aspire to be. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete